Thursday, May 29, 2008

3mg And Counting...

As of today, I’m down to 3mg of Prednisone for the next two weeks.

Some of you make think this is stupid, but this is really big for me. When all is said and done, I’ll have been on Prednisone for 7 months. And I’ve dealt with all of the lovely side effects that come along with this “wonder” drug.

It has definitely made me feel better in some ways, but as I’ve learned in this game, there are always trade-offs.

When I first started taking Prednisone, I dealt with being hungry all the time, only being able to think about what my next meal was going to be, and the ever iconic “moon face.” I’ve also had and continue to have very bad and painful breakouts. I don’t know what to call them other than alien life forms that take root wherever they plant themselves.

A small price to pay for feeling better – yes. But a price, nonetheless…

No comments:

Post a Comment