Sunday, June 22, 2008

The End To A Very Long Week

Yes, it’s over… and I survived!!!

I had that class this week and it went okay. As I suspected would happen, I was so exhausted after work that I fell asleep reading. After two nights of this pathetic dance, in which I managed to get only half of the reading done, I opted to throw in the towel in order to maintain my sanity.

I think this may have been a watershed moment for me on two accounts:
1. I wasn’t wrong about how this would turn out, after all. I guess I know my body better than I think I do. The next time someone tries to get me to do something I know I can’t, I’ll have to fight harder against having to do it.
2. I think I’m finally learning that it’s okay to let things go. School has always come first for me, but now it’s clear to me that my health has to. Okay, so there wasn’t a whole lot at stake here. It wasn’t a graded class. But it made me realize that I can do little more than the minimum, and skate by, if need be. I don’t plan on making this a habit, but it’s nice to know that I can if I need to.

That’s not to say, however, that this experience doesn’t add worry to my life. It makes me wonder how in the world I am going to be able to handle class and teaching in the fall. But that is a whole other story. For now, I am just planning on enjoying what is left of this weekend, and gearing myself up for what promises to be yet another crazy work week (minus the class, thank goodness!).

No comments:

Post a Comment