Thursday, April 24, 2008

Organizing and Cleaning

One thing that has always helped me stay grounded, even during the most stressful times of my life, is being organized (sometimes to a fault).

I recently upgraded all of my medical papers from a folder to a three-ring binder, fully equipped with dividers and page protectors. Everything is organized by type of document and doctor, and it’s much easier to find things than it was when they were haphazardly strewn into a folder that was busting at the seams.

I think part of my reluctance to actually get this stuff into some semblance of order was another part of my denying that it is actually happening. But I realized that what I need for myself is to keep my life as together as possible, even though I often feel like I am completely losing ground.

The only thing about organizing and cleaning is that it is something that you have to have the energy to do, and there hasn’t been a fertile supply of that lately. And if there is, it comes in random spurts. So, I do what I can, when I can…

And for better or worse, I am accumulating quite a collection of medical documents.

Maybe one day I’ll paper the walls with them. Then again, maybe not…

No comments:

Post a Comment