Tuesday, April 29, 2008

Solu-Medrol

So yesterday, today, and tomorrow, I have/had to go for steroid infusions. This is so Doctor C can taper me down on the prednisone and attempt to get me off of it, while hopefully buying me some feel good time before the cellcept kicks in, in a couple of months.

It has been an interesting experience, to say the least. But I guess a small price to pay if it will make me feel halfway human again.

My normal dose of prednisone was up to 20mg a day and the steroid infusions are 500mg a day.

Needless, to say, they pack a punch. Hot and cold flashes while your getting them. And when you’re hot, you’re hot. Today my face was so red, it looked like I had worked out for about 3 hours.

Stomach cramps, jitteriness, increased heartbeat, insomnia, a really bitter taste in your mouth…

Again, I guess not such bad things if I can finally get on with my life (at least until the next flare).

No comments:

Post a Comment