Wednesday, April 23, 2008

"Coping With Prednisone"

If you or anyone you know is going to be on prednisone or a similar steroid treatment for any length of time, you must read, “Coping With Prednisone” by Eugenia Zukerman and Julie R. Ingelfinger, M.D.

Steroids can do crazy things to your body and this book really made me feel empowered. I was scared to read it at first, but it helped me realize that the side-effects I was having that made me think I was going nuts, were totally normal when being on prednisone.

While I don’t wish anything like this on anybody, it is comforting to know that there are other people in the world who have been through similar experiences in their lives and survived and even thrived, as a result.
*****
(Zukerman, Eugenia, and Julie R. Ingelfiger. Coping With Prednisone. New York: St. Martin's Griffin, 2007)

No comments:

Post a Comment