Monday, July 7, 2008

Trying To Get Back In The Swing

I hope everyone had a fun and relaxing long weekend.

I know I certainly needed the break.

Right now, I’m trying to rebound from my last round of not feeling good.

I’ve been on a short leash lately. The pain was starting to get to me again, and this whole musical medicine thing is becoming beyond annoying. Doctor C decided to up my dose of flexeril from 5 mg to 10 mg. This caused me to go from feeling exhausted to feeling drugged and dazed. I have to take the flexeril early enough at night so that I am actually able to get up in the morning and be functional for work. I’m still trying to work out the kinks.

Well, my weekend started with a snag. I took the train home. At least, I attempted to. The east bound train ended up getting in two hours late, so I didn’t get home until two and a half hours after I was actually supposed to be home. For me, traveling is exhausting. So this experience really pushed me to my limits.

I was hoping to get a lot of reading done for work over the weekend, but that didn’t really happen. I think it was important that I attempt to rest and relax, though.

I was a little anxious about this weekend. Seeing a bunch of people that I only see a few times a year is hard enough. Having seen these people last, pre-diagnosis, and feeling pretty bad about my appearance as of late made the situation even more anxiety-filled.

And I’m still sporting my super hot bruise from my blood draw a week and a half ago.

That was the biggest question I got this weekend – “What happened to your arm? Where’d you get that bruise?”

No comments:

Post a Comment