Monday, May 5, 2008

"Sex and the City"

This all makes me think back to the “Sex and the City” episode where Carrie, Charlotte, and Miranda go with Samantha to chemo. It’s a hot summer day and they are all sitting there eating Popsicles, keeping Samantha company, and making the best out of an otherwise crappy situation.

I think it has to be just about one of my favorite episodes of the entire series.

However, it also profoundly saddens me.

Why?

Well, last week, when I had to go for my infusions, other than my immediate family members, no one was banging down my door, telling me that they were coming with me, no matter what I said to dissuade them.

Don’t get me wrong, I’m truly grateful to the people that were there for me. And I know that there were people who weren’t there, who were supporting me in other ways…

But what about all of the people that weren’t?

Do I not have good friends?

Am I a bad person?

Am I expecting too much from people?

And why does a show about sex and shopping have some many life lessons to teach us?

No comments:

Post a Comment