Thursday, May 8, 2008

Lupus Cookbook


Sometimes my culinary genius impresses even me!

The other night I made an absolutely delicious concoction of pasta, spinach, edamame, garlic, olive oil, and Italian cheeses (see picture above).

And it got me to thinking. So many people come out with cookbooks nowadays, based on everything under the sun – low fat, gluten free, low carb, etc., etc.

So why not a cookbook that focuses on foods that are healthy and help with the symptoms of lupus (and rheumatoid arthritis)? Plus, I looked on Amazon.com and there isn’t one!

There are two other components to this, as well:
1) I’ve found that when I am feeling well, I love to spend hours in the kitchen experimenting. It’s a good form of therapy and relaxation.
2) The recipes need to be easy because there are times when, despite medication, I (and others out there) aren’t going to feel like slaving away - or might not feel up to eating at all – but need healthy food to keep going.

As is evidenced here, I am never going to be a food photographer, but I think that I might be on to something here with the cookbook idea. I’ll keep you posted.

Plus, this actually fits into some of the goals I had for my life – like studying health and being a published author.


1 comment:

  1. Ah! I can't see the pic :( But, that is a great idea!!

    ReplyDelete