Monday, May 19, 2008

Eggplant


Eggplant is the word of the day.

So, I’ve been trying to make eggplant myself, as when I first tried to cook it several months ago, I failed miserably.

But last night, with my 5 pound eggplant in toe – success!

I cut it into rounds, salted it, let it sit, rinsed it, cubed it, and then sautéed it with garlic-flavored olive oil.

While this was quite palatable, I got to thinking:

What variation of something that I already know how to make could I do using eggplant?

I decided – eggplant patties – like tuna or salmon patties.

I took a few of the prepared rounds, cubed them, put them in the blender, and let them go until they were in fine shreds. Then I mixed in (not in the blender, in a bowl) egg white and breadcrumbs. Then I put them in a pan. And the rest is history.

They were awesome. What a stroke of culinary genius, if I do say so myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment