Sunday, December 11, 2011

Patients For A Moment Is Here December 21st


Well, what do you know?  It’s my turn to host again.

And I’m hosting the last PFAM of 2011.  I’m really excited about this edition; I’m changing things up a bit.  In the past, I’ve made the theme for the final edition a year-in-review type deal where I have had people submit the favorite post they’ve written from the past year. 

But this time, I’m doing something a bit different.

I’m asking that participants in this edition scrapbook or collage their illness(es).  I’m leaving the interpretive part up to you.   

I can’t say that this is a totally original idea.  I was inspired by Kerri of Six Until Me, who got the idea from here. 

But scrapbooking is one of my favorite hobbies, and scrapbooking my illnesses is something I hadn’t done yet.  So I am totally with all of you who decide to participate in this edition of PFAM.

For preliminary ideas and inspiration, you can check out my post for this edition by visiting the last post I wrote.         

So now for the usual PFAM stuff…

If you would like to submit a post, e-mail the following to gettingclosertomyself@gmail.com:

Your name (as it should appear)
Your blog’s name
Your post’s title
Your post’s URL

And make sure you put “PFAM” in the subject line.

All submissions wishing to be considered should be received by 11:59 p.m. Sunday, December 18th, 2011. 

And on another PFAM-related note:

PFAM will be switching to a once-a-month format in 2012.  I’ve got hosts for about half of the 2012 editions, so if you are still interested in hosting, please let me know ASAP.

Looking forward to seeing how you creatively interpret your illnesses!

2 comments:

  1. Hi Leslie,

    I was wondering if you could explain your idea more. I looked at your prior post and saw how you scrap-booked your illness. Are you asking that we do something like that, photograph it and post it?
    Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kelly - Yes, I'm asking you to make a scrapbook page/collage about your illnesses. You can just do that, or you can explain to us about what you intended by your visual representation.

    ReplyDelete