Wednesday, March 19, 2014

A Plea For A Chronically Ill Friend

I’m writing this post to ask for some help and support for a chronically ill friend.

This person has been a part of my support system from the very beginning, and was there for me when many of the people in my life could not or were not. 

My friend was one of the first people I connected with online, and the first blogger friend that I met in person. 

This person has celebrated my triumphs with me and helped guide me through the more difficult times. 

We now live on opposite coasts, and I couldn’t feel farther away from this person.  I feel like we are worlds away from each other, especially at a time like this.

I think that as chronically ill people, we sometimes think unconsciously that nothing else can befall us.  Or maybe it’s always in the back of our minds that we could become ill with something else, but it’s hard to imagine what life would look like in such a case.

I have always wondered with dread what would happen if I ended up with some other serious illness on top of lupus and RA.

But my good, good friend is now dealing with this situation as a reality. 

And my friend has a great attitude about everything that is going on and I deeply admire her courage and tenacity.

I am doing my best to support from afar, but I am asking that others send good vibes and thoughts this person’s way.   

I’ve lost several of the people that I have been closest to in terms of illness, both family members, and selfishly, I don’t want to go through that again. 

But unselfishly, my friend is so amazing and has so much to offer the world and I want them to be able to continue to do that for a very long time to come.

So I hope that, even though I am not saying exactly who this person is, others on the blogosphere can send collective good vibes.  That would mean a lot to me, personally, but I think my friend would really appreciate it, too.   

And to my friend, I say: You know how important you are to me and that I love you and am always here for you.  I hope that the journey you are embarking on is easier than we hope.  I hope that in the near future, this will all just be a blip on your radar, and nothing more.  And even though I live on the opposite end of the country, I will do anything I can to help, in person or from afar. 

And if there’s anyone who can power through, it’s you. 

2 comments:

  1. Your friend is lucky to have you. You're a good friend. I'll be thinking good thoughts for you both.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sending love and strength to your friend. And to you. It's really hard being far away in times like this.

    ReplyDelete