Monday, October 14, 2013

I Am A Disruptive Woman In Health Care




I am a disruptive woman in healthcare.

I don’t take no for an answer.

I don’t accept second-rate treatment at the hands of doctors, nurses, or other medical staff.

I believe in health advocacy and self-advocacy.  I believe in self-determination and patient-centered care. 

I believe that everyone has a right to a second opinion.

I know for a fact that it’s not all in your head, or my head, and that chronic illness is a reality for millions of women in this country. 

I have lupus and rheumatoid arthritis. 

I’m a chronic illness blogger.  I blog for hope.  I blog for change.

I’m a patient-advocate in the making.

And I am a disruptive woman.

***


Are you a disruptive woman (or man)?  If not, you should be!

No comments:

Post a Comment