Sunday, July 15, 2012

Patients For A Moment: Achilles Heel Edition

For the July 2012 edition of PFAM, I asked readers:

What’s your Achilles heel when it comes to illness?

We all have that one thing that pushes us over the edge, as far as chronic illness is concerned.

What is the one thing, no matter how seemingly minor or severe, that really gets to you?  And what do you do about it? 

This topic obviously struck a cord with health bloggers. 

I’ll start things off.  In my post, “Small Earthquakes In Humira Land”, I talk about how Humira and the drama that comes with it have, for me, become my Achilles Heel.  Check out this post and others at my blog, Getting Closer To Myself

Kathy, from FibroDAZE, suggests she, herself, is her Achilles Heel, in the post “My Achilles Heel?  Myself!”.  Kathy’s enviable to-do-list in the post shows what can happen if we overdue it.  We’ve all been there, right?

While in the post, “Stress, AI Disease, and Me: A Work in Progress”, Elisa, of Sjogren’s Style, doesn’t explicitly call stress her Achilles Heel, she tells us that even though she knows stress impacts her illnesses, it is an ingrained part of her identity.

In a post titled “My Achilles’ Heel”, Iris Carden of Sometimes, it is Lupus, talks about running into trouble when she has a few good days and forgets she’s sick.  I can completely sympathize with this.  Don’t we all use the veil of wellness to overdue things?

Elisabeth Greenwood, of Redefining “Good”, talks about the two things that she considers to be her Achilles Heel – hair and sleep.  Read about them in the post, “Patients For A Moment: Achilles Heel”.

Here’s Your Gold Watch – Rheutired’s Annette McKinnon’s talks fittingly (?) about her feet being her Achilles Heel, in the post, “Not the Feet of My Dreams”.

That’s all for this edition. 

The next edition will be August 15, 2012, and will be hosted by Duncan Cross (official announcement to follow on his site). 

1 comment:

  1. Thank you so much for putting this together! I enjoyed reading all of the posts.

    ReplyDelete