Thursday, December 11, 2008

Tis The Season For Retail Therapy

Let’s admit that we all have weaknesses - chocolate, shopping, others that can’t be mentioned here...

Lately, I’ve found comfort in retail therapy. If I’m feeling really upset, I’ll just hop online and buy something to make myself feel better. The best part of it is that I can order things from the comfort of my apartment (the comfort of my own chair, really). Even though it’s delayed gratification, there is an immense amount of anticipation waiting for said purchases to arrive at my door (give me a little credit – I do have some self control).

I am ashamed to say that on occasion, however, I have forgotten about purchases and only remember them once my credit card bill comes. My spending isn’t out of control, but the lack of recall bothers me.

Anyway, I have long lamented the idea of clothes shopping. But shoes are another thing entirely. And lately, my purchases have been of the more practical (but fun) nature. Observe:

My awesome rain boots!


My puffy, pink boots. They kind of remind me of Wonder Woman’s boots, but lately, I need all the girl power I can get!


And finally… My new, gray Kangaroos. I have two other pairs of these in wild colors, but I needed a more everyday, neutral pair.


I have small feet and it’s hard for me to buy shoes, so these three pairs are a major jackpot.

I am aware that this is not the best coping skill – but I’m trying to limit the rest of my spending to holiday gifts. Retail therapy for me and a gift for someone else. Does it get any better than that?
There may be some truth to Paolo Nutini’s song “New Shoes,” afterall. “Hey, I put some new shoes on/And suddenly everything is right.” Maybe?

2 comments:

  1. Okay I am digging the boots (both pair!) and have a little envy going. I can't afford any retail therapy this year, but as long as you can, then I wish you fun!

    Happy Holidays!

    ReplyDelete
  2. love the boots and I've been doing some retail therapy, too. Mostly from Amazon!

    ReplyDelete